Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Half the battle is getting there...

I was so excited to watch the first of the Top 100 movies, The Adventures of Robin Hood (trumpets trumpetting). I rushed home, cooked dinner, and stuck in the DVD.

Okay let’s actually rewind back…

So I spent the past weekend seething at the TV because I couldn’t find which inputs the DVD and Cable are on (there are freaking 9 inputs…by the way I have no idea what input means…that’s just what the button says.)

I’ve figured out the sacred ‘input code’ in the past and then repeated the input name 3 times in my head, but it never stuck. I mean what is ‘Component 1’ or ‘AV2’ supposed to mean to me?? They should be named after famous Celebrities or something that I might remember. Tom Cruise for DVD, Bill Cosby for TV, etc.

After playing around with the controller I finally found the right inputs and in a moment of sheer genius/frenzied anger I wrote down the inputs I needed to know on a post-it and placed it by my TV. I had a system! I was making progress!

Back to the movie…

I turn on the TV and search for ‘AV2’ (that’s what was written on the post-it for DVD). It takes forever for the inputs to change and then I see that there is ‘No Signal.’ What the? I press play for DVD, nothing happens. I take out the disc, clean disc, insert disc, press play, nothing happens. I go through each input AGAIN and there is no DVD player to be found. Really? No, really?

I sometimes regret buying my DVD player at the dollar store down stairs, but it was really convenient and I feel like a total baller when I can roll up into the dollar store and buy whateva I wantt.

Well for now TV is out of the question. Rachel’s computer doesn’t have a DVD player...no I've never used her computer. My computer does but the only DVD that ever works on it is ‘Wedding Crashers.’ (No complaints there.)

I half-jokingly put the movie in my computer. Miraculously the DVD works! Thanks a lot Steve Jobs!

And so begins my adventure with Robin Hood…

2 comments:

  1. Do you realize that playing with all those wires is dangerous?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know who wouldn't have any of those problems? Pat.

    ReplyDelete